Thank you for visiting the YSEALI Urban Planning and Smart Growth website.
If you are only browsing this website or using the Search function, we do not capture data that allows us to identify you individually. This site automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and the page(s) requested. Although user sessions are tracked, the users remain anonymous.
We understand that your privacy is important and we endeavor to protect your personal information. We take our responsibilities under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “PDPA”) seriously. We also recognize the importance of the personal data you have entrusted to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data.
“Personal Data” is defined under the PDPA to mean data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified from that data, or from that data and other information to which an organization has or is likely to have access. Common examples of personal data could include names, identification numbers, contact information, medical records, photographs and video images.
In general, before we collect any personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purposes.
PURPOSES FOR COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Depending on your relationship with us (e.g. as an applicant, participant, alumnus, staff, sponsor, service provider, or other person relating to our organization), the personal data which we collect from you may be collected, used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Processing your application and/or registration and/or enquiry;
- Planning the provision of the workshop;
- Monitoring and enhancing the provision of the workshop;
- Helping us to improve our service to you;
- Updating your records in our databases;
- Informing you of upcoming events;
- If consented to, providing marketing, advertising and promotional information via postal mail, electronic mail, SMS or MMS, fax and/or voice calls;
- Carrying out due diligence or other screening activities (including background checks) in accordance with legal or regulatory obligations or risk management procedures that may be required by law or a court order, or put in place by YSEALI Urban Planning and Smart Growth Workshop;
- Other purposes which the YSEALI Urban Planning and Smart Growth Workshop may inform you of in writing from time to time, but for which we will seek your separate consent;
- Purposes incidental to each or all of the above.
In order to conduct our operations more smoothly, we may also be disclosing the personal data you have provided to us to our third party service providers, agents and/or our affiliates or related corporations, which may be sited locally or outside of Singapore, for one or more of the above-stated purposes, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. This is because such third party service providers, agents and/or affiliates or related corporations would be processing your personal data on our behalf for one or more of the above-stated purposes.
SPECIFIC ISSUES FOR THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We respect the confidentiality of the personal data you have provided to us.
In that regard, we will not disclose any of your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your express consent permitting us to do so. However, please note that we may disclose your personal data to third parties without first obtaining your consent in certain situations, including, without limitation, the following:
- The disclosure is required based on the applicable laws and/or regulations;
- The purpose of such disclosure is clearly in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way;
- The disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens the life, health or safety of yourself or another individual;
- There are reasonable grounds to believe that the health or safety of yourself or another individual will be seriously affected and consent for the disclosure of the data cannot be obtained in a timely way, provided that we shall, as soon as may be practicable, notify you of the disclosure and the purposes of the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for any investigation or proceedings;
- The personal data is disclosed to any officer of a prescribed law enforcement agency, upon production of written authorization signed by the head or director of that law enforcement agency or a person of a similar rank, certifying that the personal data is necessary for the purposes of the functions or duties of the officer; and/or
- The disclosure is to a public agency and such disclosure is necessary in the public interest.
The instances listed above are not intended to be exhaustive. For an exhaustive list of exceptions, you are encouraged to peruse the PDPA, which is publicly available at http://statutes.agc.gov.sg.
In all other instances of disclosure of personal data to third parties with your express consent, we will provide for adequate forms of protection over such personal data and confidentiality and security in the handling and administration of your personal data by such third parties in compliance with the PDPA and our data protection policies.
REQUEST FOR ACCESS, CORRECTION AND/OR WITHDRAWAL OF PERSONAL DATA
You may request to access and/or correct the personal data currently in our possession or withdraw your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data in our possession or under our control at any time by submitting your request through the following methods:
- For a request to access personal data, we will provide you with the relevant personal data within a reasonable time from such a request being made.
- For a request to correct personal data, we will process your request, including undertaking necessary verification activities, as soon as practicable after the request has been made.
- For a request to withdraw consent, we will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request for withdrawal of consent being made. Requests for withdrawal of consent may adversely impact your relationship with YSEALI Urban Planning and Smart Growth Workshop. We will notify you in advance of such impacts.
ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
We will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
We will also take reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data. However, we cannot assume responsibility for any unauthorized use of your personal data by third parties that are wholly attributable to factors beyond our control.
We will also take reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal data in our possession or under our control is destroyed and/or anonymised as soon as it is reasonable to assume that (i) the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such personal data; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
In the event that we are merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from users as part of such merger or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Singapore Institute of Planners,
93 Toa Payoh Central #05-01,
Toa Payoh Central Community Building,